WHAT IS A DENTAL IMPLANT?
Lost teeth do more than erode your confidence. They also result in permanent bone loss, a collapsed bite, and the inability to eat your favourite foods. Dental implants can change all that. Permanent replacement roots keep your remaining teeth in place and your jawbone healthy. Plus, the beautiful and natural-looking crown restoration allows you to eat – and smile – with confidence. Whether you’re missing one tooth or many, Dr. Dylan can help you regain your smile with dental implants in Sydney.
DENTAL IMPLANT STAGES
We will have a good discussion about your concerns and what you would like to achieve. We will then perform an examination to assess your situation. We may take an X-Ray and a 3D scan to assist with the initial assessment. We will then discuss our clinical finding and provisional treatment plan. A rough estimate will also be provided.
TREATMENT PLAN DISCUSSION
Once you have decided to go ahead with the treatment. The next step is to get a 3D X ray at the radiology centre which we closely work with, to conduct a more definitive assessment of your situation. We then invite you to come in for a discussion where we will show you the 3D Xray and extensive discussion of the definitive
A consent form will be signed before the procedure. We will place the implant in your jaw with a minor surgical procedure. This is done with local anaesthetic. Followed by a 4~6 month healing period. During this time the implant will bind with your natural bone and become one with your jaw bone.
During this visit, we will check the implant has binded with your jaw (osseo-integration) and attach components tot he implant and take a 3D scan or a mould of the implant to make the definitive prosthesis. We will also take 2 X-rays to verify the healing of the implant and the seating of the implant component. The 3D Scan/mould get sent to the dental technician where the definitive prosthesis are made.
2 weeks later. We will deliver the definitive prosthesis and you can start enjoying the benefits of dental implants. An Xray will be taken to verify the seating of the definitive prosthesis.
MEET DR DYLAN – YOUR IMPLANT SURGEON
Hi there, my name is Dr Dylan. My passion is to provide carefully planned, beautiful, healthy smiles for my patient.
Throughout my career, I have had extensive surgical and dental implant training and mentorship with a variety of industry specialists across 4 continents. During this, I have gained valuable insights into variety of oral maxillo-facial surgery, dental implant surgery and prosthesis design and fabrication.
We understand that requiring dental implant treatment can be a daunting prospect for many adults and young people. New technology means this need no longer be the case. As a Digital Dental Clinic, we offer the very latest in implant dental care, specialising in Digital Smile Design, 3D scans. Making the process a seamless experience.
When you entrust Taylor Street Dental with your dental implant care, you can rest assured that your new smile is just around the corner.
IMPLANT CROWN – SINGLE MISSING TOOTH
Losing a tooth can be devastating. You can feel self-conscious and suffer a lack of self-esteem. Having a tooth implanted has become the new norm, the implant procedure has been refined and improved over the years.
A dental implant is a small titanium screw that integrates perfectly into your gum tissue, just where the root of your tooth would sit.
Dental implants can replace all of your teeth at any time and is a positive treatment for the health of the rest of your teeth.
IMPLANT BRIDGES – SEVERAL MISSING TEETH
If you require a more extensive restoration than a crown or have multiple teeth in a section right next to each other that need to be replaced.
A good solution is an implant bridge which helps to strengthen the existing teeth and makes chewing and eating easier because the new teeth are fixed and do not move.
Implant bridges are fixed to your jaw with dental implants and they function and feel just like your own teeth.
ALL-ON-4 DENTAL IMPLANT
All-on-4 Implant concept is a method to immediately give you back the ability to eat and chew. It gives beautiful and accurate results which give you a completely natural looking smile.
Dr Dylan plan the implants using state of the art Digital Smile Design technology in combination with the concept of All-on-4, 3D scan, digital photography and a CT Scan.
We first plan your beautiful new smile. Then we plan the implants in the ideal position to support the new teeth. From the digital planning we will 3D print a series of surgical guides which will assist Dr Dylan to place the implants accurately according to our digital plan.
At the end of the implant surgery visit, we deliver the temporary prosthesis. You go home on the same day with a beautiful, natural, functional smile.
WHY CHOOSE ALL-ON-4 DENTAL IMPLANT?
All-on-4 is a life-changing treatment for patients who have lost all of their teeth, or whose teeth have become damaged beyond repair. People who is struggling to eat with missing teeth, or have uncomfortable dentures, or in a great deal of pain because of teeth that can’t be restored through other treatment options. It can give you a full set of functional, beautiful teeth within 48 hours.
There are several options of prosthesis that can go on top of the implants. These options are discussed at your consultation. It can range from plastic denture to individual Zirconia framework with individual porcelain crowns.
Dental implants require a certain volume of bone to “live” in. Bone grafting is a general term we use to describe procedures which help maintain the bone volume present (site preservation) or add bone to an area of the upper or lower jawbone.
Adding bone to an area which has become deficient in bone (due to the normal resorption process which occurs in the body when a tooth has been removed), will allow successful placement and healing of a dental implant.
There are several Bone Grafting techniques for different treatment scenarios and they will be discussed with you if it applies to your situation.
SUCCESS DRIVEN RESULTS
We want you to have the confidence you need to go forward and achieve a healthy smile that makes you feel great.
That’s why with Digital Smile Design, you can TEST-DRIVE your new smile before treatment even begins.
You can smile with confidence and finally enjoy eating the foods you have always wanted.
You would be able to eat your favourite foods without pain or discomfort and would be able to enjoy your life to the fullest. Read on to learn more about dental implant procedures.
- Replace missing teeth
- Replace loose fitting- dentures
- Prevent bone loss and has a positive impact which maintains bone structure after tooth loss (unlike dentures, which negatively impact bone)
- Improve the appearance of your smile and boost your confidence
- Function and feel just like natural teeth
- Improve chewing and speaking
- Long term solution with high accuracy and success rate
- Has a predictable treatment outcome for terminal teeth
- Offers a full-mouth rehabilitation when there are no teeth or for full terminal dentition
- Keep teeth on either side of a missing tooth healthy without having to take tooth structure away (like you would with a bridge)
- How efficiently the implants were placed
- How well you look after your teeth
- Lifestyle factors such as drinking and smoking
- Diabetes or other underlying medical conditions
- It can be a higher financial investment than other tooth replacement options.
- The full procedure takes around three to nine months to complete.
- There is a healing phase involved and you need to take care to keep the implant in place.
- In rare instances, dental implants can be rejected. This happens in not more than 3% of cases.
- Smokers or diabetics need to be aware that patients in these categories face the higher rejection rates of around 8% – 12%.
- If you do not have sufficient bone height to house the dental implant, bone augmentation or grafting may be required. This will require a longer healing time.
- It normally takes about five to seven days to recover after a dental implant.
- Depends on several factors such as the number of extractions and implants, and the need for bone grafting, can make the recovery time longer.
Your dental implants can almost last a long time and we can provide some simple tips on maintenance:
- Use a soft and angled toothbrush for brushing to effectively clean implants
- Gently brush and floss, especially where the implant meets your gum line.
- Use a low-abrasive toothpaste daily to prevent tartar from developing.
- Avoid eating chewy food, sticky food and hard nuts.
- Visit your dentist every 6 months to keep your natural teeth and implants in good condition.
- Use oral irrigators to reduce plaque around implants and prevent gingivitis.
- Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol.
- Whilst implants can’t decay or develop cavities, it’s important to maintain your surrounding teeth to prevent inflammation and disease.
- See our dentist for regular maintenance every 6 months .